Online back up service providers have been around for several years now, but there are still some skeptics. There are still individuals and companies that are still not convinced that cloud storage is a better option. This is not a new phenomenon. Since the beginning of time there have always been skeptics every time something new came about.
Features of an external hard drive back up system.
With an external hard drive, you or your employees have to remember to back up files manually every day, or every few hours, depending on the nature of your business. There are many software programs that make this easier. This software is able to detect when changes are made to previously backed up files and save the new version by overwriting the previous version. This software also allows the user to select which files to backup.
The benefits of using an external hard drive to back up your sensitive data:
- No one has access to your files.
- Your data never leaves the security of your premises.
- You can reload your files at any time, and onto any computer.
- An external hard drive can crash at any time – it is just as vulnerable as the hard drive in your computer. There are many causes of hard disk failure.
- You only have access when you actually have the disk with you.
- It must be stored in a fire and flood proof safe – which might not always be easily accessible.
- Your fire and flood proof safe can still be destroyed or stolen.
- You could lose your external hard drive during transport.
- You or your employees may forget to perform a back up.
- Manual backups are extremely time consuming. You will be paying your employees to perform backups when they could be working on other important projects.
- You can not share files. Employees collaborating on a project will have to find other methods of sharing data – which can also be very time consuming and require much more hardware. This also leads to the additional risk of human err since changes may not be saved properly or messages may be misinterpreted.
- Manual backups can be very complicated, which will again lead to human err. Which files were recently backed up? Which files where modified? All sorts of problems can occur when you rely on the memory of an employee.
- Corrupted files will be saved in their corrupted form, overwriting the good version, leaving you without a good copy of the file.
What can an online storage provider offer?
Storing your files with an online storage provider means:
- Your data is backed up automatically. You never have to perform a manual backup, unless you want to. Most providers backup continuously, in real time so that every change is saved. Older versions are saved as well, so if you ever need to refer back to a previous version, you can with only a few clicks.
- You have complete mobility. You can access your files from any computer with internet access and from many mobile devices, as well. Your files are readily available any time you need them.
- File sharing is a snap. Anyone authorized to view or modify your files will be able to do so from anywhere. This can dramatically cut office expenses since your employees do not have to physically be on the premises. You can have remote workers from anywhere in the world.
- Data is backed up redundantly. This means that there are always at least two copies of your files stored at separate locations, so if tragedy strikes one location, you can retrieve your files from the other location, and never lose a piece of valuable data ever again.
These are only a few advantages. Click here to learn more filestorageonline.net/online-backup-for-business
For safe and secure data storage, online backup is the best solution.